Friday, August 31, 2012

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Not much new to report on Desiderium. Revisions are still under way, but I have to say that I feel like I might be getting close. I hope I didn't just jinx it by saying that. Depending on how much time I'm able to devote to my revisions, I might be able to send it off in a month or so to test the waters. Cross your fingers for me! Now, onto the review...

I just finished reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I actually purchased this book because  with my discount at B&N I was able to get it for $3.70, and I really liked the Unearthly series so I decided to buy it. Here's a summary of it.

Hush, Hush Summary:
A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


Hush, Hush Review:
This book felt a lot like Twilight. Except with angels. Girl meets dark, mysterious boy at school who is clearly dangerous. Boy stalks girl. Girl doesn't think anything of it. Girl starts to wonder if boy may not be human after all. Girl does Google search on a hunch and is able to figure out what he is. Girl's life is in danger. Boy saves girl. Boy and girl enter into blissful relationship which will undoubtedly be put to the test in the sequel.

That being said, I thought that Becca Fitzpatrick had a great writing style and did a gread job of keeping the readers hooked. We gave this book away at the library to teens who read 20 hours over the summer, and quite a few of them are hooked. I made the comparison to Twilight to one of the boys who loved Hush, Hush, and he freaked out and refused to see the similarities. Aside from the unoriginal plot, the writing was enough to carry me through to the end and make me consider picking up the sequel. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment