Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Book Expo of America

For any of you who have never heard of the Book Expo of America, it's a place where people in the book world (i.e. authors, librarians, booksellers, and publishers) come together to celebrate books. Not to mention there are lots of free books given away at the event. Many of them are advanced readers and many are books recently published.

Best $85 I've ever spent. I came home with over 80 free books, and had the experience of meeting a bunch of amazing authors. Some of them I even stood in line for over an hour to meet. It was amazing. I've decided to make it my goal to be one of the authors signing at the Book Expo in the near future. We'll see if it actually happens.

Now to Segway into Desiderium, I've recently come to a shocking realization of what was so wrong with one of my secondary characters and what I need to do to fix him. I hope. Now that I see this character in this new light I can't quite seem to think of why I never thought of it before. It's going to take a while to go through and revise the draft to reflect this character change, but I have a feeling it will be worth it. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment