Thursday, October 2, 2014

Anna and the French Kiss



I finally got around to reading Stephanie Perkins, and I'm glad I did. Sometimes it's really nice to be able to read a cute romantic story, and get a break from the suspense and action of many of the other books I read.

Anna and the French Kiss Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.


Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Anna and the French Kiss Review:
I really enjoyed this book. It had a fun, sometimes sarcastic voice, which I loved, and was overall, a really cute story. If you're looking for a super serious novel with lots of heavy thinking, or action, this book isn't for you. But if you're looking for a sweet, fun, love story, I definitely recommend picking it up. Anna has a great voice, and each of the characters were all well-developed and added their own flare to the story.

My only complaint about it is that Anna was stuck on her crush back home for way too long. He was a musician who you could tell didn't care about her at all, and she spent the whole book fighting what she had with St. Clair, because she was trying to convince herself she was still into the musician back home. And all the while, St. Clair is doing the same thing. You can tell they're both really into each other, and have a strong connection, but for some reason they're both stuck on other people who are clearly wrong for them.

But then again, what kind of a plot would it be if there weren't any problems, or tension? I also happened to be reading this book while I was in Europe, so it coincided nicely with my trip to Paris. Overall a fun, sweet romance that I would highly recommend picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment