Sunday, November 17, 2013

Six Months Later Review

Of all the books I've reviewed for the School Library Journal, this one was perhaps my favorite. It kept me on the edge of my seat (figuratively, of course) until the very end. The review was published in October, and just a couple of weeks after it was published, the marketing director for the book sent me a copy of the published book along with a hand-written card thanking me for the nice review. If you're reading this, you're very welcome, and I look forward to reading the author's next book. I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as I did.

Six Months Later
by Natalie Richards

Gr 9 Up--Chloe leads a mediocre life as a high school junior in a small Ohio town-until the day she falls asleep in study hall and wakes up to find it's six months later. She now has exceptional SAT scores, the perfect boyfriend whom she's been crushing on for years, and a buzzing social life. However, Chloe can't remember anything about her previous life. Nor can she remember why her best friend, Maggie, isn't speaking to her, or why her heart races whenever she sees bad-boy Adam, with whom she seems to be all too familiar. She knows that she should be happy about her new life, but everything feels wrong. As she tries to figure out what happened to her, she uncovers a chilling conspiracy surrounding her memory loss, and the only person she can trust is the one who won't take her calls. The story is well paced and beautifully written, with fully developed characters teens can easily relate to. This romantic thriller will leave readers on the edge of their seats until the very last page. Recommend it to fans of Gayle Forman's "If I Stay" (Dutton, 2009) and Lissa Price's "Starters" (Delacorte, 2012).--"Candyce Pruitt-Goddard, Hartford Public Library, CT" Copyright 2013 School Library Journal, LLC Used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment